Wednesday, December 1, 2010

MS Barometer Reveals Unequal Treatment in Europe

Hey Everyone,


I just read a brief article about the European Multiple Sclerosis Platform (EMSP) "MS Barometer" results and have to ask 'how can this be right?'  I am referring to the fact that not all EU citizens have equal access to MS treatment. I think I always knew this yet I was not aware how bad it is.  One statistic in particular really bothered me...'less than 2% of MS sufferers in Poland have access to the standard treatment.' Similar facts in Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia and Hungary.


To read the article, click here:  Survey reveals huge disparities in MS care across Europe.


First off, I am UBER grateful for the treatment I receive for my MS and UBER grateful for the health care benefits I receive to pay for everything. I am very lucky. But, how can I help my MSers in Europe? It hurts my heart to know that there are folks out there in pain, suffering because services and care are not available. It's just not right.


Today, I am sad.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this blog post? If so, why not leave a comment or share with your friends? P.S. Your comments will be posted soon, just as soon as I check for spam.

You Might Also Like: