Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My MS Survival Guide - Tip #6 Pilates!


Hi Everyone,

Last month I posted my MS Survival Guide: How to Improve Coping Skills and Tame that Monster! That monster being that crazy person I can sometimes turn into if I do not manage things appropriately. So, in addition to Breathe, Meditate, Grieve (still working on this one), Improvise and Journal, I would like to add tip #6, Sign Up for Pilates!  

6. Sign up for Pilates. Balance, body awareness, stress reduction, flexibility and strength.  These are good things right? I should say so which is why I just signed up for my first Pilates class. I must admit, however, that I am a little bit nervous. I niggle about what may happen while I’m on the Reformer. Will my Lhermitte’s fire up? I am not in the mood for the spine buzz thank you very much. Will my body heat up and cause my legs to burn? Will I have enough energy? Definitely some downsides. Luckily, the upsides outweigh all this and I am looking forward to having Pilates work wonders for my stress and, in turn, work wonders for my MS. I am ready!  I’ll let you know how it goes!

P.S. Active MSers has a great article on Pilates and MS. Click here to read it.

Best,
Christie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this blog post? If so, why not leave a comment or share with your friends? P.S. Your comments will be posted soon, just as soon as I check for spam.

You Might Also Like: