Monday, September 5, 2011

More Beating the Heat Tips

A few weeks ago I posted some great tips in beating the heat, courtesy of our friends at Pacific Coast Chapter of the MS Society, and recently learned about more ideas as some MSers deal with heat waves and extreme humidity this week.

Beat the Heat Tip #8: don’t want to swim at pool parties? Dip your legs in the water instead. I am not comfortable donning a bathing suit in public so I opt for sitting on the ledge and resting my legs in the water. It feels so good, especially when it’s 100 degrees outside! Now if I can just get the cannon bombers to stop splashing so much and reduce my anxiety about getting pushed in so my hearing aids don’t get wet, I’d really feel nice. Yelling “I’ve got $10,000 worth of equipment in my ears, don’t you dare push me in!” always seems to dissuade the soon-to-be pranksters.

Beat the Heat Tip #9: @LickingtheHoney mentioned my blog post recently on Twitter (thanks!). Here’s what she wrote: “@lesionjournals Love keeping cool tips. UK climate makes this easier, but I find I can't beat wet hair.” Great idea, thanks!

What are some of your tips in beating the heat? Let us know! 

Best always and stay cool! 

Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this blog post? If so, why not leave a comment or share with your friends? P.S. Your comments will be posted soon, just as soon as I check for spam.

You Might Also Like: