Monday, November 12, 2012

Vitamin D, the sun and MS. What's the connection?


I love maps so it’s no wonder that I love this new interactive tool that I came across recently. A tool that visualizes information on MS prevalence rates, including Vitamin D levels and the intensity of the sun. And it does so by allowing the user (that's you!) the ability to select a variable and compare distribution across the globe. Have I mentioned I’m also an analyst? This makes me love this even more. Maps and data? Cool.

The patterns aren’t always clear when I play around with the maps but one theme does emerge. MS is more prevalent in certain geographical areas, areas that tend to be further from the equator. What does this mean? Less intense sun may mean a higher risk for MS.

To see the tool for yourself, click the link below.


Best always,
Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this blog post? If so, why not leave a comment or share with your friends? P.S. Your comments will be posted soon, just as soon as I check for spam.

You Might Also Like: