Saturday, July 31, 2010

1st Known MS Case Was Dutch!



1400:  the earliest written record of someone with MS was Lidwina of Schiedam, the Dutch patron saint of ice skaters.

This is incredible especially because my family heritage is 100% Dutch (minus that Polish bit) and have the passion of ice-skating.  My dad ice-skates nearly every week and my Amsterdammer aunt ice skates on the frozen waters of Holland during the winter months.  I am finding this all very strange.  First MS case:  Dutch.  My heritage:  Dutch.   Lidwina’s passion:  ice-skating. My family’s passion:  ice-skating.  Wild.    

Anyhoo, read Lidwina’s story here.  It’s pretty interesting:  Lidwina of Schiedam

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this blog post? If so, why not leave a comment or share with your friends? P.S. Your comments will be posted soon, just as soon as I check for spam.

You Might Also Like: