Top 7 Tips to Beat the Heat:
- Beat the Heat Tip #1: Drink plenty of fluids. Water is the fluid of choice. Avoid caffeine as this acts as a diuretic.
- Beat the Heat Tip #2: There are a number of cooling products including vests, neck wraps and bandanas available for purchase.
- Beat the Heat Tip #3: Wear lightweight, loose-fitting and breathe-able clothing. Wearing light colors can also help.
- Beat the Heat Tip #4: Make sure to do your outdoor activities during the cooler times of the day, usually early morning or evening.
- Beat the Heat Tip #5: Try an aquatics class. Check out some options in your neighborhood.
- Beat the Heat Tip #6: Don’t want to spend the money on a cooling product? Try a wet towel stored in the refrigerator or cooler.
- Beat the Heat Tip #7: Try pre-cooling. Soak in a tub of cool water for 20-30 minutes before heading outside.
(slapping forehead) I suppose drinking gallons of coffee and wearing flannel yesterday was not a good plan.
P.S. most electric companies offer discount programs for MSers. After all, AC is a blessing during these fiery months! I just downloaded an application from SDG&E’s website: sdge medbaseline program.
P.P.S. Did you know? The cost of an air conditioner is tax-deductible with a document from your physician. Thanks for letting us know mspsc. I did not know this and gaining this knowledge right now was perfect timing – we need a new AC!