I am so delighted to share that the iConquerMS initiative has made a lot of progress these last few months. Membership keeps rising and a lot has been achieved in a short time. What a great team to be a part of!
The focus continues to be facilitating research on stuff that matters most to us, folks living with Multiple Sclerosis. And, it involves MSers across the entire process: idea building, collaboration, protocol development, project results, and sharing of final research results. Pretty cool, right?
So, I thought I would share some of the recent highlights. Here are seven great things accomplished by iConquerMS so far:
- Launched the new data collection and patient engagement portal
- Registered over 2,250 people living with Multiple Sclerosis
- Collected a lot of health data – from about ½ of those registered
- Garnered support from MS clinics, neurologists, MS nurses, MS advocacy organizations, pharmaceutical companies, and collaborators
- Created its first research project that will focus on how folks with MS get insurance coverage
- Collaborated with PPRN (patient powered research network) on a study proposal to examine the effects of depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues in folks with Multiple Sclerosis
- Planned four ‘Research Studios’ events, which will bring together small groups of MSers and researchers to brainstorm on research topics. These are scheduled to launch this fall
Of course that’s not all as the full list of accomplishments is much longer. Also, several research projects are underway, all at different stages of planning and ideas keep coming in from those MSers registered - teams are very busy!
iConquerMS puts people with Multiple Sclerosis at the center of research in the fight against MS. We’d love for you to be a part of this so please join us today by clicking on the link here: https://www.iconquerms.org .